11 Things I have found to be true:
1. Things don’t always work out the way we want them to, but they always work out the way they are supposed to.
2. Go the extra mile. It is never crowded.
3. Love is the answer. It’s also the question.
4. You’re going to get hurt in life. A lot. Keep going. It’s worth it.
5. Give. Give relentlessly. But stop when it goes from you giving to someone else taking.
6. You have enough. You do enough. You ARE enough.
7. Be kind, always.
8. Do as much good as you can as often as you can.
9. Pay attention. Knowing the way someone takes their tea means more to them than you’ll ever know.
10. Be loyal to those who have earned your loyalty.
11. Seek to be worth knowing rather than well known.
Living life by these principles has made me much happier than I could have ever imagined. Oh I absolutely have my sad days and bad days, but there is more sunshine in my soul than I know what to do with. And isn’t that what it’s all about? Spreading more sunshine? Think of how bright the world’s light would be.
There are always going to be days when the rain clouds win, but that’s what friends are for. On days when your sunshine just isn’t strong enough, don’t be afraid to let them give you some of theirs. And on days when a thunderstorm really has them down, brighten them up with a hug or a warm smile.
The sun sets every night but never fails to rise again in the morning. Find your sun and always, always, always rise.
It doesn’t take much to be bright, so shine on.
-Lesson by Tori Brown-
Tori Brown is a Junior James Madison University who swears that Olaf is her spirit animal. Her favorite activities include smiling, car dancing, and drinking Earl Grey tea. She hopes to one day become a professional happiness-chaser.